Vision: We envision a future where every workplace enhances environmental and social conditions.
Mission: We are a group of Harrisonburg-Rockingham County businesses focused on reducing carbon emissions while modeling the economic sense in energy efficiency, increased local renewable energy, and incorporation of best sustainability practices.
Who: Our group is welcoming of businesses both new to and familiar with sustainability in the workplace.
What: We help members asses where they are, highlight success, and achieve their goals. In quarterly meetings we host panel discussions, hear from local professionals, network and share best practices over a light lunch hosted by members.
How: Membership is as simple as completing the membership form. In the form we ask for the contact of a point person, we ask you support the mission and vision, we get a sense for some of your achievements and goals to place you on the map and we set up expectations to track energy usage and spend 90 minutes on the B-corp assessment (optional). We make it easy for you.
- 5 meetings held featuring educational speakers and business to business collaboration
- 1 business and 1 non-profit have taken advantage of the free energy audit and began implementing recommendations
- 5 businesses are tracking their energy usage
- 40+ Harrisonburg businesses supported the Environmental Action Plan proposed to City Council by the EPSAC committee. City Council also supported it.
- Our Community Place is now generating 75% of its electricity from the sun as of November 8, 2018.
Quarterly meeting dates 2018-2019:
- February: Thursday February 15th 12:00-1:30pm: JMU Sphere Theater
- May: Wednesday May 16th 12:00-1:30pm: Our Community Place?
- August: Tuesday August 15th 12:00-1:30pm: Location TBD
- November: Wednesday November 7th 12:00-1:30pm: Location TBD